KOP: the ultimate student experience

Trip to Kenya? Don’t mind if we do.

africa charity john moores university kenya KOPafrica university of liverpool

Kenyan Orphan Project are entering their second year in Liverpool, and can offer students the opportunity of a lifetime.

KOPafrica relies on its volunteers to fight its cause

The UK registered charity, set up by three Nottingham students in 2001, is passionately fighting poverty, disease and injustice for orphaned and vulnerable children in Kenya.

The charity runs projects specifically for students, offering UoL and JMU students a once in a lifetime trip to Kenya.

Students are actively involved with the communities they help

Throughout the year, students raise money to help those suffering in such extreme conditions and, as a thank you, prepare for a two week trip to Kenya to visit the communities which have been directly affected by their support.

KOPafrica projects support 1,400 children every day, and 100% of your fundraising goes towards supporting this desperate cause.

Now in its second year in Liverpool, KOP is committed to sustainable projects that will benefit in the long term as well as the short.

KOPafrica helps 1,4000 children every day

Tom Bryne, studying Biomedical Sciences at the University of Liverpool, has been actively involved with the charity.  He raised money for KOP and travelled to Kenya.  He said:

“I’ve found Kenya to be richer and fuller than I could ever have imagined.  Never would I have thought that I would be leaving here with this profound sense of awe, that in the face of such adversity, people could respond with such love.”

Click here to see how you can get involved, or visit their Facebook page: ‘KOP Liverpool’.