Miss Francesca Couture Fantasy Boutique

Sequins, sparkle and Scouse-style at its utmost glam: welcome to Miss Francesca Couture’s Fantasy Boutique launch party!

desperate scousewives miss francesca couture scouse

Following her graduation from Liverpool JMU in 2008, Francesca Kearns has created, developed and firmly established Miss Francesca Couture both locally and nationally. It is within the past year that Kearns has made the transition from what she describes as a “small bespoke label to a brand;” key features of this shift including an ad campaign with Lambrini, a ready-to-wear collection with online retailer ASOS, and the enlistment of Selfridges Manchester as a stockist.

Miss Francesca, the lady behind the sequins

Ahead of a pink-glitter carpet at West Africa house, The Tab was lucky enough to attend the launch party on Friday, 26 October for Miss Francesca Couture’s two-day pop-up Fantasy Boutique, a true testament to the brand’s success. With a complimentary flute of Lambrini in hand, The Tab took full advantage of the chance to lust over the new collection.

Fashion Design graduate Kearns declares her brand as “feminine and flirty, floaty, frivolous and fun,” which the new collection certainly shows. Statement skirts, delicate detailing and a carefree buoyancy with bows; the garments really do epitomise Scouse-style in all its glory. It’s easy to see why Miss Francesca Couture was such a catch for the Desperate Scousewives cast.

Although designed with Liverpool’s club-culture in mind, these dresses are just too beautiful for a night out in Concert Square. The dresses are, however, a dream for ladies’ day, your all-out-21st-birthday-party, or a night out in a club you really can’t afford.

Accordingly, dresses are priced circa-£260, and it’s safe to say that the average student budget will cater for such a penchant. Each garment being hand-made, crafted with the most luxurious of fabrics, and embellished with the most startling detailing, the price-tag is nonetheless somewhat justified.