The Fit Freshers

The Bigwigs at Uni of made the masterminds behind the ‘Sydney Jones Fitty Feed’ take the page down off Facebook. Not to worry, we’ve started our own, and this one, they can’t get rid of!

Fit Freshers 2012
Photos: Bekki Conway

This year’s fittest freshers talk to the Tab about the Raz, guyliner and bringing your hamster to uni…

The days are getting shorter, the glory of the ‘MoBot’ is a faded memory and lecturers have decided this semester will be the one that finally finishes you off. But wait, there’s one group of students that are still flying the flag for fun, painting Liverpool all shades of red and partying harder than Michael Sheen on tiger blood. Yes that’s right, it’s Liverpool Uni’s freshers. These guys are still going hard six weeks in and not only are they wild, they are also some of the finest we’ve ever clapped our innocently wandering eyes on.

It doesn’t matter who you are, from liberated first year to embittered fourth year, your eyes can’t have failed to ogle the good-looking students that have appeared on campus this year.

Whether it’s taking over Nando’s with the rest of the floor or getting blasted for less than a tenner at the Raz, these halls hotties are loving every experience the student lifestyle can hurl (sorry, couldn’t resist) at them.

So, in the interest of journalistic excellence and the hope of picking up some beauty tips, The Tab’s top tottie spotters wrapped up warm and took to campus to chat up talk to some of Liverpool Uni’s hottest new prospects.

Come on and join us in checking out this year’s FIT FRESHERS!

Name: Christie­­

What are you studying? – English, History and Spanish

Are you single or taken? – Single

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “I think the best technique is just to shower, daily when possible”.

Luxury item you brought to uni? -“My TV”

What’s been your best ‘student’ experience so far? – “I love living in halls and just the whole student life”

Name: – Alice­­

What are you studying? – Evolutionary Anthropology

Are you single or taken? – Single

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “You have to get your beauty sleep!”

Luxury item you brought to uni? – “The only luxury item I brought was my iPod speakers… oh and a £3 crate of beer.”

What’s your favourite Liverpool bar? – “Mojo, the music they play is really good”.

What’s been your student life ‘lowlight’? – “I went to the fresher’s ball but the rides made me feel so ill I had to go home!”

“I think the best technique is just to shower, daily when possible”.

Name: Charlie

Are you single or taken? – Single

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “You have to eat your vegetables”

How would you bring peace to the Middle East? – “errr… take away the guns.”

What’s been your best ‘student’ experience so far? – “The whole floor [from halls] went out for a meal at Nando’s, we all had vouchers from the fresher’s fair so we got loads of free stuff.”

Name: ­Matt­

What are you studying? – Astrophysics

Are you single or taken? – Taken

Luxury item you brought to uni? – “That has to be my guitar”

What’s your favourite Liverpool bar? – “We had a cheap night out at Vodka Revs that was great.”

Name:­ Hugh­

What are you studying? – Physics

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “Easy. Guyliner”

What’s your favourite Liverpool bar? – “BaaBar, although I’m pretty sure that’s just the place we seem to go most often.”

Name:­­ Ed.

What are you studying? – Physics

How would you bring peace to the Middle East? – “Non-religious, secular education. Next.”

Name: Paris

What are you studying? – Tropical Medicine

Are you single or taken? – Single

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “Regular salsa dancing keeps you fit and healthy.”

Luxury item you brought to uni? – “I brought my hamster, John. He literally can’t survive without me.”

Name: Chelsea

What are you studying? – Physiotherapy

Are you single or taken? – Single

What’s been your best ‘student’ experience so far? – “We had a milk fight in the kitchen and I got soaked. I ended up stood fully clothed in the shower an hour before lectures then I left my clothes in my sink for days. They stunk so bad! My flatmate cleaned it up so I got away without having to do that though.”

Names: Aja

What are you studying? – French

Single or taken? – Single

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “Lots of make-up wipes and baby lotion after a night out.”

What’s your favourite Liverpool bar? – “That has to be the Raz on Mondays! You can get dirty and get grimy, it reminds me of Manchester.”

“An orange a day and shitloads of bacon!”

Name: Joe

What are you studying? – French and Spanish

Are you single or taken? – Single

How do you remain so exceptionally good looking? – “An orange a day and shitloads of bacon!”

How would you bring peace to the Middle East? – “All the countries should become one for the day and have a massive carnival… carnivals are fun right?”

What’s been your best ‘student’ experience so far? – “The freedom you get compared to when you’re doing your A-levels is amazing.”