Club of the week: Bar ÇaVa

The Tab reviews some Liverpool’s most popular stop-off points and destinations on a night crammed full of booze-fuelled debauchery and mayhem. This week it’s ÇaVa…

How was The Krazyhouse, was it ‘the best night of your life?’ Nah, I thought not. This week we’re off to Bar ÇaVa…

A French name it may have, but it’s the Mexican signature, Tequila, you’ll find here in abundance. With every flavour you can imagine, even Baked Bean, at a ridiculously cheap £1 a shot, it’s no surprise ÇaVa is a top stop-off point on any night out.

Why did the mexican push his wife off a cliff?

The Venue: A stones throw from The Krazyhouse, ÇaVa is also situated in the heart of Liverpool’s nightclub district, Concert Square.

The tequila shots are bound to get you very drunk, very quickly, but rather than being rowdy and full of students being sick every which way you turn, it’s remarkably chilled out.

With drinks as cheap as they come, ÇaVa does tend to fill up, and fast, especially at the weekend. It’s not the biggest of bars either, so if you’re not quick on your heels, you’ll definitely be standing for the duration of your stay.

Although, this is not necessarily a problem, ÇaVa has a great atmosphere and there’s regularly some sort of live music going on, whether it be some bloke playing Guitar or another hitting the Bongos.

A word of advice though, don’t, whatever you do, request anything by The Beautiful South;  the tough looking guitarist will laugh you all the way out the door. I say this because it happened to a friend of mine, clearly I would never do anything as outrageous as requesting ‘Don’t Marry Her,’ in a public place.

Which night to go? ÇaVa’s good to go for any night. Tuesdays are famously Liverpool students’ day of rest, so if you want to go out with a group of friends, have a hilarious night and get totally smashed when it’s not that busy, then this is definitely the day to go. Any other night, it gets rammed around 12 o’clockish – if you want a seat, get down before then.

The Tab’s Verdict: The perfect starter bar on a night out for any student. Who could ask for more? Cheap drinks, live music, all-in-all a really great vibe. I wouldn’t advise staying in ÇaVa all night though as you’ll surely die from alcohol poisoning.

ÇaVa has a lot of character…and a lot of Tequila,” 4 stars

Find last week’s review of The Krazyhouse here.

Next week, The Magnet…