A Niche Night Out

Concert Square not for you? The Tab takes a look at a few alternative places to make a fool of yourself in Liverpool…

As the bulk of students descend on Concert Square for the cheapest and most colourful drinks known to man, The Tab takes a look at a few alternative places to make a fool of yourself in Liverpool…

Bar Bodega

14 Colquitt Street, L1 4DE

A sleepy tapas bar by day, Bar Bodega explodes into life in the evening. Fairly unassuming from the outside, Bodega is a maze of different rooms, packed wall to wall with people. Come here to sample some of Spain’s best beers and reminisce about visits to sunnier places…

Café Tabac

126 Bold Street, L1 4JA

A tiny bar at the top of Liverpool’s busiest street, Tabac offers cheap drinks, good deals and a great atmosphere, making it a great place to begin your evening. Tabac also serves excellent finger food to prepare for the night ahead.

The Kazimier

4-5 Wolstenholme Sq. L1 4JJ

The Kazimier is the sort of place you’ll immediately fall in love with. Inside, the building is spectacular, with each corner revealing something obscure and exciting. For the warmer months, a new beer garden has been created, making summers a little more surreal. The Kazimier is always good for live music, hosting previous acts such as The XX, Caribou, Yuck!, White Denim and Alt-J ∆. 

Mello Mello

40-42 Slater Street, L1 4BX

By day Mello Mello could be walked past without a second glance, however by night, it bursts into life. By trade Mello Mello is a a vegan café, serving great food and great drinks accompanied by a a friendly atmosphere. Due to cuts, this gem may not remain for much longer, so enjoy it while you can!

Santa Chupitos

41 Slater Street, L1 4BX

Santa Chupitos is a cocktail bar with a classy reputation. If you can get in, you’re already having a successful night: when you walk in you’re more often than not greeted by a sea of people. However,  the crowds are worth putting up with because the drinks really are something special. Try a “When Lola Met Brando” or the famous “$5 Shake”, served in a milk bottle.

The Magnet

45 Hardman Street, L1 9AS

The Magnet looks like the 60s and sounds like the 60s too. It’s a brilliant place to begin a night and return to later on. Upstairs pumps out soul ‘till the early hours, whilst downstairs hosts a range of nights from indie disco to after-hour raves. Always different, always fun.