The Tab meets… The Antistudent

In this exclusive interview, The Tab talks to Liverpool Uni’s very own twitter celebrity

| UPDATED alcohol anger anti student hate liverpool

Although their account is only a few weeks old, the mysterious tweeter behind @TheAntistudent has amassed thousands of followers, both in Liverpool and across the country.

The profile, filled with profane and hilarious attacks aimed at the stereotypical student has soared in popularity, and is getting bigger and bigger by the day.

The anonymous figure behind the account is a 3rd year student at the University of Liverpool, so it seemed proper for The Tab to get in touch.

Speaking via email, in order to preserve their secret identity, The Tab had a chat with the Antistudent, both to find out more about this reluctant internet celebrity and uncover where their intense hatred for all things studenty comes from.

Some typical Antistudent tweets

Hello there Antistudent, the team here at The Tab think your work is hilarious. When did you first realise your total hatred for students?

I’d like to start off by saying that I don’t hate ALL students, just 99.9% of them. I hate 99.9% of the human population so I guess it was inevitable.

When I first started Uni the hatred wasn’t as intense but that soon changed after a few years of chinos, dubstep and dickheads dressed up as Smurfs.

What’s the reaction been like to your account? Any angry students?

The reaction has been great so far! I started @TheAntistudent just over a week ago (at the time of writing this) and already have 1170 followers without begging for them with all that #TeamFollowBack bollocks.

Surprisingly I’ve had very few angry students tweeting me and no death threats yet, which I’m a bit disappointed by.

Were you surprised by your immediate popularity?

I was slightly surprised but I guess I’m just saying what a lot of people are thinking but are too scared to say.

Maybe they know a #StudentWanker who they consider to be a friend and don’t want to upset them.

So what can be done about the growing problem of ‘#studentwankers’? Do you think the Guild needs to step in?

Kill them all. Seriously though, I’m not sure anything can be done about it. The best way to deal with it is by mocking them and trying to make them realise the error of their ways.

If you see a #StudentWanker try to take a sneaky picture and email it to me at [email protected] and I will expose them.

Where would you recommend someone have a night out in Liverpool if they wanted to avoid hundreds of chino-wearing students dressed as smurfs?

I tend to stick to Hardman Street, Seel Street and other places around there. There are some decent pubs and bars all over Liverpool to be fair, I’m not going to recommend specific places unless there are free drinks in it for me though.

Fair enough. Finally, what does the future hold for The Antistudent? We’re not going to see your name in connection with a Concert Square massacre any time soon, are we?

Concert Square Massacre has a lovely ring to it. I think if anything like that did happen I would surely be the prime suspect. Doing such a thing would require me to actually set foot in Concert Square though and I just don’t know if I’m willing to do that.

Notice how I haven’t given a definite answer. As for things I definitely WILL be doing in the future, I have started a blog: iamtheantistudent.blogspot.co.uk; I will be updating that quite a bit, and other than that I’ll just be moaning and generally being a bastard on Twitter.

I’m looking forward to it.

Something tells me the Antistudent doesn’t like students very much.

If you haven’t already, you can follow the Antistudent on twitter here. While you’re at it, you may as well follow The Tab too.