Fashion co-editor, Georgie Moore, gives you a guided tour through the City’s fashion hotspots
Looking for labels? Hooked on high street? Or just wanting to spend less in some of the cutest vintage shops and still stand out from the crowd? The city has so much choice it’s unreal. So don’t panic about spending your student loan, Fresher.
As a student you will find times when you can’t remember the last time you didn’t eat Tesco’s noodles for tea with a pint of tap water. Trust me, you’ll want to cry. DON’T! The uh-mazing Bold Street, from St Luke’s (the bombed-out church) down to Church Street boasts a wide variety of cutesy vintage shops, which can cater for all your quirky and experimental needs. This street will feed your fashion addiction.
My five top stops:
- Ryan Vintage My recommendation and favourite stop on Bold Street. In here you’ll find Levis, cheap army jackets (massive hype in Liverpool right now!), head scarves, retro Adidas jackets and big 80’s style jeans – love love love.
- Little Red Vintage In here you’ll find vintage woolly jumpers, cardigans and chord shorts at low prices ready for the winter!
- Soho’s With a huge choice of 50’s dresses, this Goth themed rock-shop is an alternative choice!
- Pop Boutique Another personal fave, for its incredible waist-belts and clutch bags at amazing prices!
- Bullet Slightly further on up Bold Street, on Hardman Street, just opposite Bumper and next to the magnet!
To find your high street brands, Liverpool One is in the centre of the City and boasts over
160 high street names. So if it’s the serious Scouse look you’re after – big eyebrows, peter pan collars and a baby waist – this is the place for you.
You’ll find Topshop, American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Primark and loads more. There’s also a 14 screen Odeon cinema and a Nando’s – perfection!
If you want to throw your money around (and why not?) then head straight to the Metquarter and Cavern Walks for exclusive high fashion garms. Home to Vivienne Westwood, Tommy Hilfiger and MAC make up, you’ll end up spending a fortune!
Liverpool is definitely the place for you if you have a love of all things fashionable. Once a style catches on in Liverpool, you’ll know about it!