Lincoln student reports sighting a man ‘with a gun’ in the city centre

Lincolnshire Police searched the area at the time but didn’t find the man or any weapon

A Lincoln student reported seeing a hooded male, armed with what the student thought appeared to be a small handgun in his hand and walking around the city centre on Thursday 13th October.

At around 10pm in the evening, a student reported walking past the individual on his own, heading from The Ritz and up into the city’s centre, holding what he thought appeared to be a small silver handgun.

Lincolnshire Police searched the area at the time but didn’t find the man or any weapon.

Ben*, the University of Lincoln student who reported the incident, told The Tab Lincoln: “It was bizarre really, in that you don’t really expect to see someone carrying a handgun at all, let alone carrying one without any attempt to conceal it.”

Ben added: “For all I know it could have been some kind of airsoft or prop gun but even so someone carrying a fake weapon like that would have it in some kind of bag to ensure it didn’t scare people around them.”

Ben removed themselves from the area unharmed and reported what he had witnessed to police.

Although the man is unidentified, the public are being called to make themselves aware of any suspicious activity and to call and report this to Lincolnshire Police.

Lincolnshire Police commented: “I can confirm we received a report just before 3:50AM on 13th October from a concerned member of the public, reporting they believed they had seen a man with what they thought was a gun.

“A search on the area was carried out and there was no trace of the man or any weapon. We always encourage anyone who thinks they have seen something suspicious to call and let us know.

“As was the case on this occasion, they should gather as much information as possible, without putting themselves in danger, and call on 999 if it’s a life threatening emergency, call 101 if something is happening at the time, or report on-line if there isn’t any danger present.”

Related articles recommended by this writer:

University of Lincoln questionnaire accused of using hate speech towards autistic people

Bars and pubs worth a shot for Lincoln students

Meet the Lincoln student who is known for her legendary shark glasses on a night out