Eight Great British Bake Off memes every Lincoln student can relate to

Life imitates art or, in this case, life imitates the sliding heap of what was once a cake

In case you’ve been too busy downing shots and living it large to notice, we’re now halfway through bake-off season. The true mark of autumn, The Great British Bake Off is one of those shows that has everything you could ever ask for in TV: drama, delectable goodies, and a host of wonderfully endearing contestants.

While you may wonder what students could possibly have in common with a show you’ve only heard your gran rave about, there are a surprising number of similarities. Life imitates art or, in this case, life imitates the sliding heap of what was once a cake. Here are some memes, hand selected for your enjoyment, that we feel really capture what it means to be a Lincoln student.

When you no longer care what your timetable looks like, you just want it

Going straight from Scene to your 9am class like

Rebs could be any student you see in the queue at Pier Cafe in Minerva

When you’re doing research for your diss and end up down a rabbit hole of discovery

Carol and first-year me have plenty in common

When you invite your GBBO-obsessed friend to Union and you think they’re dropping game, this is actually what’s going on

When your mum wants proof you’re not just eating pot noodles and Domino’s

The look you give someone when they ask you what you’re going to do now all the Superbull tickets are sold out

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• 500 University of Lincoln students are being forced out of their accommodation due to fire safety concerns

• Lincolnshire Police looking for a man after he threatened to kill student with samurai sword

• Clubbers of the week: Feeling free in week three