Lincoln university world ranking 2022

University of Lincoln rises in ranking from last year in The Times’ World University Rankings

Doesn’t look like Lincoln will be taking on Oxbridge anytime soon

University of Lincoln has risen from last years rankings in The Times Higher Education World University Rankings released today.

University of Lincoln placed in the humble position of 401-500th, although it sounds underwhelming, it’s a big step up from the last years ranking of 501-600th.

The top five universities for the UK go as followed: University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, UCL, and University of Edinburgh. Despite University of Oxford leading first place for the seventh year in a row, we can live in hope that Lincoln steals the crown for the 2024 rankings.

The Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2023 includes 1,799 universities across 104 countries which makes the new rankings “the largest and most diverse” to date.

To work out the rankings the table is based on thirteen performance indicators which measure universities performance across four main areas: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. Times Higher Education has analysed over 121 million citations and included survey responses from 40,000 scholars around the world.

For the full league table, with more details on how results were compiled, go to the Times Higher Education’s website.