A new restaurant in Lincoln is offering its first 500 customers a completely free pizza

What student doesn’t love free pizza?

Three Joes is a new pizza restaurant opening up this week in the city centre and they are offering free pizzas for their first 500 customers, something that a lot of students could use after a busy and expensive first few weeks in Lincoln.

It is located at the ever-developing Cornhill Quarter and to celebrate the opening they are giving away pizzas from 5pm this Thursday, October 6th. The pizzas on offer include margherita, a range of meat options, plant based and vegetarian choices. The restaurant uses sourdough for their pizzas which are made by hand and cooked in wood-fired ovens for a classic Neapolitan taste.

It’s the latest addition to the Cornhill Quarter

Three Joes have said on their website: “To be in time for this delicious deal, locals are invited to join us from 5pm, queuing up in an orderly fashion, of course. “When they’re gone, they’re gone! First come, first served, so you’d better get your skates on. No bookings, eat in only.”

Some University of Lincoln students are facing a tricky few days after Student Finance England revealed that the first payments of loans will not be released at the originally scheduled date of Monday 3rd October and are “delayed by a few days” leaving many patiently waiting. The offer of free food could be helpful in reducing the financial struggles that many are facing as the back to university costs continue to pile up.

The restaurant itself is unique in its design with a large stylish dining room and an olive tree in the middle. The walls are also filled with contemporary art and there is additonal seating outside the front under a canopy. Lincoln is the fourth location for Three Joes after successfully launching in Sheffield, Fareham and Winchester since 2017.

Inside Three Joes

The opportunity of a free meal can also be a great excuse for a flat night out with your newly found friends and a celebration of the next few years you have ahead of you.

In pictures: Lincoln’s newest freshers brave their first night out…at Quack

Write for us! The Lincoln Tab is looking for new writers!

Every student you will find in a Lincoln dorm