Write for us! The Lincoln Tab is looking for new writers!

Our first open meeting will take place on Thursday 6th October

Are you a budding writer looking at ways to boost your uni experience whilst making some new friends along the way? Look no further, we want new writers to join The Lincoln Tab for this new academic year.

Whether you love reporting on your nights out, rating takeaways or fighting for what’s right on campus, we want you to join our team of experienced writers and help continue the Lincoln Tab legacy.

Writing for The Tab is a great way to make some like-minded new pals, add some flare to your CV and gain valuable writing experience. There are no strict deadlines and you’ll have the freedom to write a wide range of articles.

We have regular socials and meet weekly at our on-campus student bar, The Swan, every Thursday.

If you fancy getting involved, come along to our open meeting on Thursday 6th October, 5pm at The Swan.

Features:

Features stories can range from Freshers’ bucket lists to every ick you’ll experience at Lincoln Uni. These stories are the best way to showcase what Lincoln life is all about and to celebrate the people and places in it! It’s also a great way to test out your comedic skills and have some fun with your writing.

News:

This is the best way to inform students about the weird, the wonderful, the breaking news and everything in-between that’s happening on campus and in the city. Our stories range anywhere from professor charged over alleged plot to harvest organs from a child to Lincoln students reaction to the overturn of Roe v Wade.

The requirements:

• Be a student
  • Be a student in Lincoln
  • Enjoy writing

That’s really it! You don’t need to have any previous writing experience, just a passion for writing, a good few ideas and you’ll be set.

So, if you think this sounds like an opportunity for you, come along to our open meeting previously mentioned – Thursday 6th October, 5pm at The Swan.

For more information about how to get started, DM us on our instagram @thetablincoln

Every student you will find in a Lincoln dorm

New students of Lincoln: Here’s your essential Freshers’ bucket list

Lincoln University cancel cathedral graduations following the death of Queen Elizabeth II