Applications for The Lincoln Tab’s Editorial Team are now OPEN

Applications close March 27th

The Lincoln Tab is read by thousands of students across Lincoln each month, and we are looking for motivated students to join the editorial team for the next academic year 2022/23.

The positions available are News Editor, Features Editor, Social Media Editor, and Editor-in-Chief. We welcome applications from any student at the University of Lincoln.

If you feel like journalism isn’t typically accessible for people from your background, please do apply. You will have training from experienced editors to get you up and running.

These are editorial positions so some journalistic experience would help. If you have your own blog or have written for a different publication in the past and are looking to step up your experience, you should definitely apply.

The roles:

Editor-in-Chief

As editor-in-chief, you will be responsible for overseeing every article published by The Lincoln Tab.

You will work with the section editors to ensure everyone in the team is writing something and keeping on top of all the latest news happening on campus.

You will also write news and feature stories, as well as receive individual training on how to manage your team to produce the best articles possible.

News Editor

You will be responsible for finding out all the spiciest scoops like when Lincoln’s MP blocked the Labour society on Twitter.

It is your responsibility as news editor know a good story when you see one.

You will also write every week and support the editor-in-chief.

Features Editor

You’ll be in charge of writing and editing all our banging feature pieces.

This role will allow you to be opinionated, creative in your writing and witty.

It is vital you know what is relevant, interesting and funny to the specific student audience we have in Lincoln.

Social Media Editor

As socials editor you must have an eye for the latest memes and Lincoln aesthetics. You will be responsible for regularly uploading onto our various social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

This role will include sharing articles, creating engaging Instagram stories, sourcing and creating memes, uploading footage of events and making sure our student audience is always interacting with our page and engaged.

This is a great position to apply for if you want to gain experience in running social media channels.

Think you have got what it takes?

If you are interested in any of the roles above and would like to apply, fill out an application on our Google form here.

The application deadline is Sunday 27th March at 12pm, with successful applicants to begin their roles during April.