Uni of Lincoln’s accommodation services make a huge donation in aid of Ukraine crisis

The student accommodation service made a generous display of support in the urgent demand for care packages

Last Thursday, the University of Lincoln’s accommodation services made a huge donation of two van loads of bedding and pillows to be sent to Ukrainian support centres, including Ignite Elim Church’s collection for Ukrainians and Lincoln Polish School in order to be sent to Poland and Ukraine this week.

Along with duvets, pillows and blankets, the accommodation services donated a van’s worth of food packages, also to be delivered to the collection centres for Ukrainians. This is an aim to help the current Ukrainian civilians who have lost many of their possessions and accesses to food as a result of the recent attacks.

In a social media post, the team said: “The team is here for anyone who has been affected by recent events.” If there is more demand for donations, the team will be opening up drop off points for residents who which to or can help.

This donation follows the recent vigil event held at Lincoln Cathedral, which attracted an outpouring of supporters for the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. The University of Lincoln continues to offer its support to all students who may be impacted by the crisis.

The university’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Neal Juster said: “Please be assured that the University community is here to support you and we are thinking about all those who may be in harm’s way and those of our community who have friends and family who are directly affected by these events.”

The University of Lincoln’s accommodation services told The Lincoln Tab: “As a university, we take great pride in supporting the local community. On this occasion, we worked with Ignite Elim Church and Lincoln Polish School to send desirable items to those affected by the events in Ukraine; food packs and bedding.

“More information on how others can get involved and support the cause can be found on Ignite Elim Church’s social media pages.

“Our thoughts are with anyone impacted and we continue to offer support to all students in our one community who have been affected.”