These are the most aesthetic places to take photos in Lincoln

Lincoln is a walking aesthetic if you find the right place

When you first visited Lincoln as a bright-eyed applicant the cathedral definitely caught your eye as it does with every fresher on their initial visit to the city. You mistakenly decide to make the treacherous walk up Steep Hill but once you reach the top you think you are in the most Instagrammable spot in Lincoln, well you’re wrong.

Believe it or not, Lincoln has a range of the most aesthetically pleasing settings that don’t solely revolve around the cathedral or the Brayford sunset. This handy guide includes fun ideas of some places you can get that perfect photo to flex that your uni city is just as gorgeous as any other.

Slug & Lettuce

The Slug and Lettuce toilets are a staple for Lincoln students’ Instagram feeds. No matter if it’s just you striking a pose or a group of your friends crowded around one phone trying to make it into the mirror, everyone has a photo like this in their camera roll. The floral vibes that fill the room make it the perfect backdrop for your new Facebook cover photo.

The 2-4-1 cocktails always make visiting the bar worth it because who can say no to such an offer? With Craft just next door which is just as aesthetically pleasing, your Instagram game will be stepped up with ease.

Steep Hill

Now I know this may sound crazy but if you manage to make it to the right spot of Steep Hill that overlooks the city at the right time at sunset you will without a doubt have the most aesthetically pleasing photo that Lincoln has to offer to all its residents.

Even if you don’t want to go any further up to see Cathy D in all her glory, at each point of the treacherous hill there is always a place to show your friends how beautiful your city they have no idea about is.

Cognito

Cognito is a brand new bar in Lincoln owned by two sisters with a mix of Japanese and British foods along with cocktails. Sounds like an absolute dream if you ask me.

Situated opposite Home, the inside of this boujee cocktail bar is the key to upping your Insta game. Whether you’re going on a date or a trip with your friends, Cognito provides one of the most aesthetically pleasing backdrops in Lincoln.

Castle grounds

Lincoln Castle was built almost 1000 years ago and rumour has it if you are a History student and you get a photo by the castle or on it’s grounds you are guaranteed a first in your dissertation.

The castle is one of only two of its kind in the country. It remained in use as a prison and court and to this day the Crown Court is still in use. If you’re feeling especially active you can do a castle wall walk, students can go for just nine pounds. Bargain.

Featured image credit: Rabia Majid