Want to spice up your Valentine’s Day? Here are the best dates you can go on in Lincoln

Just in case you manage to find a date

Valentine’s Day is soon approaching and if you are lucky enough to go on a date in this month of love but have hit a brick wall of places to go and activities to do then look no further.

Whether you are in the happiest relationship ever, spending the day with your friends or going on a hot Tinder date, we have compiled a list of all the best places you can try in Lincoln for those sparks to fly.

Urban Putters crazy golf

A brand new crazy golf course has just opened at Vulcan Park, and you have to try it out. This is awesome for a double date as each booking has a maximum of four people. Although it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, you can book yourselves in for any other day of the week and experience the pristine course and all its unique details. With urban themes and plenty of photo opportunities, this crazy golf is perfect for students and cannot be compared to anything else in the city.

Jump Inc or Playzone

For those of you who are spending Valentine’s in a group – whether that’s a double date or a with a group of friends – and are fed up with the old, traditional ideas we would recommend you try something which is one) different, and two) fun. Our answer would be either Jump Inc which is open to adults at all times or Playzone which has its own students/adults-only night on Tuesday evenings. You are guaranteed to enjoy it!

Image may contain: Accessories, Necklace, Jewelry, Accessory, Candy, Confectionery, Sweets, Food, Human, Person

Valentine’s Quack!

If Monday isn’t going to work out for you and your partner or friends this Valentine’s, have you considered celebrating it on Wednesday in true Quack style instead? Next week gives you the perfect opportunity to find your quack-entine, so there’s no excuse not to go. This is also perfect for those of you who are single and ready to mingle… it’s never too late to rock up to the Engine Shed and dance the night away with the possible future love of your life.

The Brayford Restaurants

This is an obvious but delightful option; perfect for if you fancy the traditional evening meal out. A stroll along Brayford Pool will give you a multitude of possibilities, all of which taste amazing and have a fantastic atmosphere. However, if this is your thing, make sure to book in advance: it’s expected to be a busy night.

Carousel

For a bit of fun, and something a little more exciting than the usual drinks, why not go for cocktails and play arcade games with your significant other? Furthermore, this is the first Valentine’s Day since Carousel opened – a cocktail bar that will go down in Lincoln student nights out history. Claim Carousel as your own and make the most of their first ever February 14th!

Castle wall walk

Whether you’re busy in the evening or have already made different evening plans and are looking for something to do in the daytime, look no further than Lincoln Castle. This is especially just right for those of you who have never been before. The expansive castle wall makes for the perfect day trip and offers incredible views across the entire city and beyond. If romance is your thing this Valentine’s Day, this is a highly recommended setting.

Pub crawl along Steep Hill

If you’ve managed to make it all the way up Steep Hill pat yourself on the back a job well done and then decide which pub you’re going to first of many on a Steep Hill pub crawl! Why not try out the number of pubs and bars around the castle and cathedral such as The Magna Carta, followed by those which trail back down the hill such as The Cardinal’s Hat and Walkabout.

Image may contain: Flagstone, Banister, Handrail, Pedestrian, Steeple, Spire, Tower, Architecture, Building, Sidewalk, Pavement, Human, Person, Walkway, Path

Library date

Okay, we understand, it’s deadline season and you might not actually have time for all of these options we’re throwing at you. Have you and/or your partner got an exam the next day? Or an essay you haven’t even started yet? But you desperately want to show each other some love and celebrate the big day? Do not worry! Book yourself a group room on the university website, head to the shops for your favourite food or cook a nice meal and pack it in a box, and have your date in the library. You can eat, chat, and get through some work all at the same time, and then round it off with a cheeky pint at Towers afterwards.

Escape room

There are multiple escape rooms in Lincoln, and we would recommend taking a trip to one of them for Valentine’s whether you are new to the concept or an avid escapee. Perfect with either a group of friends or as a first date to get to know someone, an escape room will never fail to be fun. This will be a change from the traditional dates and will bring you a Valentine’s to remember.

Night in with pizza and movies

If all of these options are appearing a bit too exhausting, or too far away from the comfort of home, why not rebel against the standards and have a night in? You deserve it. And, of course, it doesn’t mean it won’t still be fun. There are countless deals on takeaway apps, especially student discounts… for example, if you head over to the Students’ Union website you’ll find a Domino’s pizza deal that doesn’t expire till the 28th of Feb – get on it! Grab some blankets, duvets, cushions and pyjamas and watch some movies with your Valentine.

(And yes, we are also distraught that the cat café will be closed on the day.)