We rated Lincoln students’ Spotify Wrapped 2021 and you all have impeccable taste

People who listen to Apple Music rn…

Music is a pretty important aspect of most students’ lives. Whether you are throwing your best shapes in the club or crying at your desk at two in the morning while you race for that deadline, your tunes frame your time at university.

Sometimes, after a whole year, it can be hard to remember exactly what you’ve been listening to – luckily for us, Spotify collects all our musical trauma up for us and presents it in a lovely bow that is Spotify Wrapped. And, of course, we had to go stick our noses in everyone else’s wrapped and rate them all.

Connor:

Most embarrassing song

“Definitely Friday”

Guilty pleasure

“Not Nineteen Forever”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“I agree with my wrapped, some of it is suspect though”

This playlist reminded us of Strongbows and bucket hats. We imagine that if you wanted to impress someone you’d start by saying, “this is my favourite song, but you’ve probably never heard of the band” and then proceed to play Chelsea Dagger. Overall, it’s a wrapped that probably could represent most boys from the north, who will crack out their guitars at an afters and play a so-so rendition of Wonderwall.

Overall rating: 7/10

Isaac:

Most embarrassing song

“Weezer, Buddy Holly”

Guilty pleasure

“T2 Heartbroken. No, I actually love that song proudly”

Do you agree with your Spotify Wrapped?

“Partially. I thought mine should show more variety”

Again, we’re getting a lot of northern boy energy, you probably drink Guinness and avoid the main floor of most nightclubs. Joy Division making it into your top five is sad in a charming way. Potentially a cry for help.

Overall rating: 7/10

Zain:

Most embarrassing song

“No shame, nothing is embarrassing”

Guilty pleasure

“Definitely Hot n Cold Katy Perry”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“I definitely agree with my wrapped as a whole”

We feel like you definitely have 100 per cent attendance at Scene, with top artists list like this you’ve definitely had enough practice to perfect your dance moves. Your energy will make any pres just that much better. For sure would tell us if our make-up needed a top-up.

Overall rating: 8.5/10

Annie:

Most embarrassing song

“Clay K Slider covers, the Mr Brightside cover is such a bop”

Guilty pleasure

“Any song by Erasure”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“Definitely agree with my top artists because I love them to death, but the rest not so much. I deffo listen to other stuff more”

The Clay K Slider made us think you might be a bit of a secret gamer girl (and as Animal Crossing stans, we are here for it). As for the addition of Gives You Hell – who hurt you this year? Your wrapped gives off subtle cool-girl energy and is slightly intimidating. You’re an it-girl in your own right.

Overall rating: 9/10 (bonus points for Clay K Slider)

Lily:

Guilty pleasure

“Imma Be, Black Eyed Peas”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“I don’t agree, I haven’t listened to WAP in decades and I don’t know who Michael whatever his name is”

You have main floor energy, and would be the perfect DJ for any pres. If you catch us crying in the club toilets over a boy, we can guarantee you’d tell us to dump him asap. Always with lipgloss or perfume to lend, and will do a shot with you after you become besties in the space of five minutes. We also got fierce woman energy from you, and we are here for the power you possess.

Overall rating: 7/10

Amber:

Most embarrassing song

“UK Hun isn’t embarrassing, it’s a way of life”

Guilty pleasure

“I guess Good 4 U because I scream it whilst being in a very happy relationship lol”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“I agree, except I don’t think I listened to *that* much 5SOS”

We saw Paramore at number one and instantly knew you probably had an emo phase in year nine, which you lowkey didn’t grow out of. There’s also major TikTok queen energy from this, you’re a girl who knows her trends. Of course, only icons listen to Drag Race tunes, which you can then practice as you belt them out in your shower or in the privacy of your room.

Overall rating: 8/10

George:

Most embarrassing song

“This year it definitely seems to be Teenage Dream covered by the Glee Cast or Nobody by Martin Jensen and James Arthur”

Guilty pleasure

“It’s probably something by Meghan Trainor, like Dear Future Husband”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“I definitely agree with it, some songs I really remember listening to – think I listened to my number one 559 times lol”

There’s a lot to unpack here, we can’t lie. We can tell you’re a postgrad. Honestly, we don’t actually know most of these songs ourselves – apparently, there is actually a world outside of Doja Cat and Taylor Swift??? The Glee Cast making an appearance did send us, and we appreciate your loyalty to the series.

Overall rating: 5/10

Naturally, we couldn’t rip into all of you without ripping into ourselves too, so here are our wrapped for you all to judge as you see fit:

Grace:

Most embarrassing song

“Rock DJ, by Robbie Williams”

Guilty pleasure

“Sissy that Walk”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“Mostly, way too much Cardi B for my liking though”

This wrapped has major bi energy – Lizzo definitely changed your life. Your range of artists makes me want to be your friend. I feel like you profess yourself to be an indie listener, but you probably only listen to their most popular songs.

Overall rating: 7/10

Ellie:

Most embarrassing song

“From my top songs it’s definitely Beamer Boy, I promise I’m not a toxic gamer boy”

Guilty pleasure

“I love listening to Roslyn by Bon Iver just to feel something”

Do you agree with your Spotify wrapped?

“Definitely better than last year’s wrapped”

The way Taylor Swift ended up at number one within a month is kind of frightening. Your artists give me sad / chill energy, definitely will cry in the shower. The most mainstream indie vibes, you probably think that listening to Joji means you’re not like other girls.

Overall rating: 7/10 (lost points for your top songs)

Honourable Mentions:

Dom, for your Attack on Titan Final Season Theme Tune, “good motivational study music”. Gives us CEX vibes.

Katelyn: “All my top songs are Olivia Rodrigo, I hate myself.”

Teigan: “Mine is slightly embarrassing.” Your top five are all boybands, you definitely were a Wattpad fanatic.

Meg, the Tabs own “I’m not like other girls” girl.

Abbie, the Nick Cave twice is slightly jarring.