52 per cent of Lincoln students don’t feel safe living in their student house area

83 per cent of students feel unsafe living in the Sincil Bank area

Last week, The Lincoln Tab asked a series of questions on our Instagram page, asking whether students felt safe in the various student house areas. These areas include the West End, Sincil Bank, the High Street, and Uphill.

The polls received over a hundred responses from students. This comes after a uni house was broken into in the West End area, and the students’ cat died as a result of the burglary.

52 per cent of Lincoln students feel unsafe living in their student house area

The response from students showed that 52 per cent said they do not feel safe living in their student house area. The remaining 48 per cent showed they do feel safe. We went to ask students if they felt safe living in the four different student areas across Lincoln.

51 percent of students do feel safe living in the West End area

This response from 171 students showed that 51 per cent of Lincoln students do feel safe living in the West End area, situated in Lincoln. 49 per cent of students do not feel safe living in the area.

The response from 113 students we received showed that 83 per cent of students do not feel safe living in the Sincil Bank area, which is near the LNER Stadium. Only 17 per cent of students did feel safe living in the area.

61 per cent of students do not feel safe living in or near the High Street area

Over half the students who responded to this poll showed they did not feel safe, with 61 per cent stating voting against the question. With 39 per cent of students voting that they do feel safe living in the student area.

66 per cent of students feel safe living in or near the Uphill area

Only 34 per cent of  the 102 students who responded said they did not feel safe living in or around the Uphill area in Lincoln, with 66 percent voting that they do feel safe living in the student area.

Do you have a story about your Lincoln student house? DM us on Instagram or get in touch via our Facebook page.