The best Insta-worthy places in Lincoln this Christmas

Christmas may be different but we can all enjoy a nice photo or two

Christmas will definitely be different from what we’re used to. However, what has not changed is the amazing Christmas light displays in Lincoln.

All of these spots are in walking distance of most accommodations, so why not make the most of this festive season before we’re all back at home in the next couple of weeks?

We have rounded up the best spots in the city this year that you can visit with your flat and housemates for the perfect selfie:

The Christmas Present

A new addition to Lincoln’s Christmas scene this year, it is located on the high street near Primark and Wilko. If you forgot to buy your partner or best mate a present you could be super cheesy and stand in the centre, because you are the best present they’re going to get this year, obviously. Or just get them an actual present, but our idea is probably best.

Christmas Tree

One display you cannot miss is the Christmas tree located behind Wilko, near the indoor market and only a short walk from the present. It is so tall I had to stand on a bench to get a good photo. It certainly takes up space, but it has the cutest fairy lights, so we will allow it, and is certain to get you into the festive mood!

Joy Sign

Next is one we see every year; the “JOY” light display which is in the new area of the Cornhill Quarter. It is super cute to pose in front of to show that you are feeling full of joy, just in case no one could tell. Unless you accidentally take the photo the wrong way around, then you as well as many others might be wondering what the word “YOJ” means.

The iconic bauble

Of course, we saved the best until last, the iconic bauble is found in St Mark’s. It is the staple of any Lincoln student each Christmas, if you don’t have a photo in the bauble, what are you waiting for? Everyone will know you go to Lincoln with this slapped on your Instagram feed and that should be reason enough to go to the bauble and snap a few pics.