Asymptomatic testing is being offered to students at the Uni of Lincoln

An invitation to book a test will be sent to all students by 1st December

The University of Lincoln has confirmed they will be providing asymptomatic testing for students ahead of the government’s ‘travel window’ for university students across the country.

In an Internal Communications email, the university said: “The University has been successful in securing asymptomatic testing for students who would like the assurance that they would be at a lower risk of transmitting the virus if they choose to return home during the Government’s travel window from 3-9 December.

“These tests are only for people who do not have symptoms of coronavirus and are not compulsory. An invitation to book a test will be sent to all students by 1 December.

“These will be staggered by academic school, so please wait until you are contacted before trying to book a test.”

A University of Lincoln spokesperson said: “We are pleased to be able to offer asymptomatic testing for students from 30 November, as part of the national Test and Trace system. Students who have no symptoms of coronavirus can check that they are able to travel without being at risk of spreading the virus. At Lincoln, the winter term finishes on 18 December.

“Our students are, as always, our number one priority and a range of facilities and support services will be available for students who remain in Lincoln throughout the Christmas holiday.

For more information visit the University’s FAQ page.