85 Uni of Lincoln students have tested positive for coronavirus

Lincoln remains in Tier One of lockdown restrictions

As of Monday, October 19th, 85 students at the University of Lincoln have tested positive for COVID-19.

This comes after the news of 36 students and one staff member testing positive for the virus last week, with on-hand support from the university during the period of isolation.

A spokesperson for the University said: “We are proud that University of Lincoln students are coping well with the ongoing situation and working together to support each in their return to education in these challenging times.

“Having a large campus and being able to create additional outdoor meeting spaces has meant that our students have been able to continue learning together and enjoy the social aspects of going to University in spaces which are compliant with government guidelines.

“Adaptations such as blended learning, one way systems, extensive additional sanitiser stations, and significant additional space for teaching rooms are just some of the activities which are making the difference for our students.

“The number of cases is around 0.5% of the University population with 85 students (as of October 19) at the University of Lincoln, in total, reporting a positive test result for Covid-19.

“We are pleased that our test and trace process, developed specifically for the institution, is working well and helping us to look after our students. We continue to provide food packages and support for any students going into self-isolation.

“Equally we are reminding students of their responsibilities with regard to adhering to government guidance. Like everyone else in Lincoln our students are part of the community of this great city.

“Our young people have already felt the impact of Covid-19 on their lives and education since March. They take it extremely seriously and are very aware of the need to help protect others.”

Lincoln remains in Tier One of lockdown restrictions, meaning, you are allowed to meet people indoors, following the rule of six, as well as meeting those in pubs and restaurants. The 10pm curfew still applies to all venues and schools, colleges and universities are able to stay open.