The Tab’s guide to brunching and boozing in Lincoln

2-4-1 cocktails? Straight in my basket x

With the 10pm curfew in place, Boris has given us Brits the perfect excuse for day drinking – and what better way is there than drinking cocktails with some delicious food, whilst also getting that aesthetic Insta pic? We have got you covered.

Ladies and gents, 10am is the new  am! But where can we experience this in Lincoln? For your benefit, we have tried and tested some of the best cocktails and food Lincoln has to offer. So, here are some of our top picks to start your day off with a BANG. Get yourself and five other friends booked, brunched and boozed up for a fabulous day out!

Cosy Club

Cosy Club is set in one of Lincoln’s historical buildings and has been decorated with aesthetic lighting, chandeliers and plants guaranteed to get you cute pics of you and your friends. The brunch menu has something for everyone, regardless of your dietary needs, from fluffy buttermilk pancakes to a full English. To accompany your food why not try one of their delicious cocktails or kick your day off with a Bloody Mary? They also offer a Blooming Beautiful Brunch for £15 per person.

The Botanist

The long-awaited Lincoln Botanist does not disappoint! With a newly made brunch menu, you can feast and drink to your heart’s content. Enjoy your food surrounded by hundreds of plants whilst also drinking out of a plant pot (not as weird as it sounds)! This is definitely a place you and your house need to experience.

Order securely using their website, perfect for a Covid-safe brunch.

Slug and Lettuce

You have most definitely seen this on your Instagram feed or even have already made this a regular day-outing for you and your friends. It has been so beautifully decorated; how can you not get a good pic? More importantly, the brunch options and cocktails are endless and delicious. They offer 2-4-1 cocktails all day long if you buy two of the same drink, as well as a bottomless brunch option for £28pp. What more does an avid cocktailer want?

They use a service app to order your food and beveraginos so you can get brunchy and boozy safely.

Image may contain: Cafeteria, Plywood, Cafe, Table, Furniture, Sitting, Wood, Food Court, Food, Restaurant, Person, Human

Craft

Craft offers a range of cocktails to fit your mood; feeling sweet? Try the Oreo Mudshake. Want to feel like Rihanna? Try the Rhube Boii cocktail. They also serve amazing food to go with your cocktail, including pizzas, burgers, paninis or if you’re not too peckish they offer nibbles! More importantly, to all the freshers out there, it is compulsory to get a picture taken of yourself in front of the Craft wings in order to become a genuine Lincoln student.

Kine

Kine uses only fresh Lincolnshire produce and serves both meat and meatless dishes! Their burgers are to die for with soft buns and fresh meat topped with their signature house burger sauce, or why not try the spiced cauliflower topped with mint yoghurt and apricot couscous? Switch up your usual brunch routine and try a Peanut Butter Stout or a cold ale with your meal.

Citadel Lincoln

This café-bistro with stunning views of the cathedral is the perfect covid-friendly dining experience. Enjoy a bottomless brunch with unlimited prosecco, Bloody Marys or Aperol Spritz in your very own dome, for only £25pp! Unlimited drinking definitely calls for a competition to see who the best drinker is out of the group and who the biggest lightweight really is.

Towers and The Swan

Why not stay on campus to get some tasty cocktails and brunch? The SU offers a wide range of filling food such as loaded fries, southern fried burgers or if you want a veggie option, try the mushroom and halloumi burger. As well as this, they offer two cocktails for £6.50 0n Fridays and what more could you want than that?

So there you have it, these are the best places in Lincoln for a cheeky cocktail or a few and even a bottomless brunch if you’re feeling excitable. With the 10pm curfew, we just knew we had to provide you with this goodness.