City of Lincoln Freshers Week has been cancelled

However, there is some good news

In an Instagram post, Lincoln Freshers 2020 delivered the bad news that their two-week Freshers wristband events will not be taking place. It was announced back in July these events were to take place in October, with a series of events from The Big Freshers Foam Party at Moka and Union’s Wild in the City night at Home.

However, the good news did follow this announcement with “student events in line with the government socially distancing guidelines are starting again in the city from Tuesday 22nd of September.”

Lincoln Freshers said in their statement, “With no further clarity on when freshers wristband events will be able to take place, we have taken the decision to postpone them. You are able to keep your ticket, and a new date will be announced with a target date of January.”

They suggest students retain their wristband as the events “will be in hot demand”, however refunds are available for those who do not want to keep their wristband.

Following this announcement, the new and alternative students nights at Union and Bounce have been announced. Union and Bounce are set to make their return from next Tuesday with very limited capacity, along with a brand new Wednesday night.

A brand new Wednesday night has been created called DIY Disco, with event info and tickets to be released later this week.

The Scene has also announced their reopening this Friday with all new adjustments to comply with the current COVID-19 restrictions, which now includes the addition of table service and hand sanitiser being made available are various locations in the venue.

Related stories recommended by this student:

Lincoln SU releases Welcome Week 2020 line-up

Lincoln SU club nights to censor the N-word in songs after pressure from BLM group

The Scene is set to reopen on the 18th and we cannot wait