University of Lincoln will hold an online open day to allow for social distancing

There will be more than 30 live talks, and 360 degree tours of the university campus

The University of Lincoln will become one of the first universities in the UK to host a fully interactive Virtual Open Day.

Despite the current situation, students from around the world will be able to choose from more than 30 scheduled live talks, experience 360 degree tours of the Brayford Pool Campus and its array of buildings and accommodation, and have a team of academics, support staff and existing students from across the University available to talk to.

Elly Sample, Director of Communications and Development at the University of Lincoln, has said: “With social distancing in place many young people are finding this period difficult, but are still hoping to embark on the next phase of their lives this autumn. Coronavirus might be putting a stop to many important parts of our lives, but for anyone thinking about going to university it is still absolutely vital to get a feel of what an institution is like and the best way to do that is at an Open Day.”

Taking place on Saturday 13th June, the University of Lincoln’s inaugural Virtual Open Day will give students and their parents the full Lincoln experience from the comfort of their own homes.

Elly Sample explained: “In these unprecedented times, it is still so important that students can immerse themselves in different university environments to find out which is the right one for them, just as they would when travelling around the UK to attend a number of ‘physical’ open days. We are committed to helping people to prepare for their futures, and that is why we have created a dynamic Virtual Open Day which provides access to all the information, talks and experiences students need to make informed decisions.

“We know that when prospective students step foot onto our campus, many of them fall in love with the Lincoln experience. Through technological innovation, we are delighted to be able to deliver that same wonderful experience online. The future is coming, and we’re ready for it, so students can come to Lincoln and discover how they can spend a lifetime doing what they love. Their journey is just beginning.”

Students and parents can book to attend the Virtual Open Day online, and on the day they will be given unlimited access to live talks covering general information – including accommodation, fees and funding, and future careers – as well as details from every School within the University. Vlogger and YouTuber Charlotte Emily will be delivering a special Student Life talk, giving a real insight into the everyday experience of students at the University of Lincoln.

Virtual visitors will be able to enjoy a number of different tours around the campus and the University buildings, and they can watch a variety of videos showcasing life at Lincoln.

There will be a virtual information zone, with details on finance, access to support services and Lincoln’s Students’ Union, and people can speak live to academics, support staff and students throughout the day to ensure none of their questions about going to university are left unanswered.

Even without the current situation, this innovation enables students from further afield to enjoy a University of Lincoln open day without the time and expense of travelling across the UK.

Additional University of Lincoln Virtual Open Days will take place on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th July, and places for these can also be booked via the website.

For more information and to book your place, visit the University of Lincoln website.