Image may contain: Factory, Chair, Furniture, Building

Uni of Lincoln’s PPE campaign raises almost £80k in donations

‘We are very grateful for the amazing reaction and donations from the public to support this vital work’

A PPE project set up by the University of Lincoln in providing essential coronavirus safety equipment for frontline NHS workers.

The University’s engineering team is producing safety visors for staff at Lincoln County Hospital and has also started to supply GPs with protective equipment.

Lincoln’s Fashion Department has also been making scrubs for hospital staff in the university’s design workshop.

The JustGiving page set up by the University has raised £79,936, 21% away from their £100,000 goal.

This comes after it was announced by The Tab that Lincoln’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Mary Stuart donated a part of her salary to the University’s PPE campaign.

Dr. Khaled Goher, an academic part of the engineering team, said: “The team is working so hard to fulfill the needs of our local NHS hospital at Lincoln.

“The demands for protective face visors have increased rapidly in the last three weeks from GPs and many care homes across the county and beyond.

“We are very grateful for the amazing reaction and donations from the public to support this vital work.”

This work has also prompted others in Lincoln to raise money too. Hykeham Town Football Club players and staff have run 1,500 miles in seven days, collectively, and have raised over £3000 through doing this.

Professor Mary Stuart said: “Any amount you can give matters; I know that together, we can make a difference, and I hope as many of you as possible can support our efforts.”

You can support the JustGiving page here.