Image may contain: Office Building, Urban, Town, City, Building, Tarmac, Asphalt, Machine, Wheel, Freeway, Highway, Human, Person, Road, Automobile, Vehicle, Car, Transportation

Brayford Way Bridge near Lincoln Uni to close for two weeks of roadworks

The bridge will close overnight each weekday

Brayford Way Bridge is set for overnight closures for two weeks, due to roadworks beginning on April 6th.

The bridge and ramp will be fully closed from 8pm to 6am Monday to Friday, except Good Friday and Easter Monday.

Image may contain: Freeway, Path, Road, Tarmac, Asphalt, Bus, Vehicle, Transportation, Person, Human

The roadworks will take place in order to replace the worn out road on the Campus Way ramp. There will also be some repairs to the bridge joints.

Access to Campus Way via Brayford Bridge will be mostly maintained, however may not always be possible. Campus Way residents are told to find alternative parking locations after 7pm to avoid obstruction of the work zones.

The diversion route northbound is via Ropewalk, East-West Link Road, Cross Street, Portland Street, Wigford Way, Newland and the Carholme Junction.

Southbound traffic will be diverted via the Carholme junction, Newland, Wigford Way, Pelham Bridge, Kesteven Street, the East-West Link Road and the university roundabout.