Image may contain: Building, Face, Human, Person

Ex-Lincoln lecturer who harassed female student sentenced to community service

He was a senior lecturer at the Lincoln School of Engineering in May 2013

Fotios Georgiadis has been found guilty of harassing a student, who he met at the university and continued to harass over texts and emails, even after police orders to not contact her.

The ex University of Lincoln lecturer has been given 200 hours of community service and a restraining order banning him from contacting the victim indefinitely.

He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £85 and costs to the Crown Prosecution Service of £775.

Jessica Gill, a Senior Crown Prosecutor at the CPS, said: “For the entire period, she made it very clear that she was not interested in the romantic relationship that Georgiadis was proposing.”

Despite telling police he would not contact her again, he continued to pester the victim who then reported him to the police in August.

A spokesperson for the university said: “The university has a zero-tolerance policy regarding any kind of harassment, and disciplinary processes are in place to investigate and deal with behaviour which may fall short of the high expectations we set, and can result suspension and dismissal of staff. We cannot comment on individual cases.”