Image may contain: Pavement, Sidewalk, City, Town, Street, Railing, Neighborhood, Automobile, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Road, Suburb, Path, Building, Urban

Lincoln teen named and charged with sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman

The assault took place near Tentercroft Street car park.

Christopher Maynard, 19, of no fixed address, has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and has attended Lincoln Magistrates' Court on January 22.

The charges are of two incidents in the Tentercroft Street area. The first happened at 6.25am and the victim was a 23-year-old woman. The second was the assault of a 19-year-old woman, in the same area.

He has been remanded in custody before his next hearing at Lincoln Crown Court on February 24.

Prior to the arrest, it was reported that a woman had been sexually assaulted near the Tentercroft Street car park. This led to additional police patrols being put in place, and women were warned not to walk alone in the dark whilst the suspect was still at large.

Detective Inspector David McKean said on 21 January: "We arrested a 19-year-old man at 9.30pm last night and he is now in police custody.

"If you have experienced an incident of a similar nature […] please make contact as this may help our investigation."