Lincoln weed dealer ran away from police whilst still in handcuffs

He is said to have acted under pressure from others

Hide Images

A drug dealer in Lincoln tried to run away from police despite already being in handcuffs.

Brandon Hipwell, 23, and another man, were arrested after an officer was alerted of the smell of cannabis as they walked past the officer who was conducting a separate investigation on a car.

The prosecution told the court: "A search of his rucksack revealed a large quantity of cannabis."

The police found more cannabis in his bedroom where he was living, along with pepper spray.

The prosecution told the court that a total of 295g of cannabis bush and 44g of cannabis resin was found by officers with drugs with an estimated street value of over £3,000.

Brandon Hipwell admitted to possession of cannabis with the intent to supply and possession of an illegal weapon on October 23rd, 2018.

He also admitted to supplying cannabis between the dates July 1st and October 23rd, 2019.

The defence told the court "He is a vulnerable young man who got himself into debt and was suffering from real problems."

Judge John Pini QC, said to the court "You acted under pressure from others. You are desperate for help. You are a vulnerable individual.

"I am taking an exceptional course because of the pre-sentence report and because this is your first offence."

Hipwell was sentenced to an 18 month jail sentence and suspended for two years with 25 rehabilitation activity requirement days.