Lincoln’s favourite position is cowgirl

We’re also apparently not very kinky

| UPDATED contraception cowgirl kinky league positions rating sex

The East Midlands’ favourite sex position is cowgirl, new research has revealed.

Cowgirl gained a staggering 38 per cent of the vote in the survey, which was carried out by UK Medix.

Northern Ireland’s best position was also cowgirl, whereas the North East, South West and Eastern region preferred the more conventional missionary.

The data showed that East Midlanders’ are relatively safe with 68 per cent using contraception every-time, as opposed to the Yorkshire and Humberside region that had a very low 32 per cent.

The region having the most safe sex was Northern Ireland with 79%, with Scotland closely following with 75 per cent.

The East Midlands also proved to be reasonably tame in terms of kinkiness, with the region rating themselves five on a 0 to 10 scale (0 being completely traditional, 10 being extremely experimental).

Northern Ireland matched us again, while London only just came in higher.

The South East appeared to be the kinkiest region, scoring an impressive nine out of 10.

Ebony, a Health and Social Care student, said: “I can’t say I’m surprised that the most popular position for region is the girl on top. All the men in Lincoln are lazy.”

Nick Millward,a Graphic Design student, said: “If I had to rate Lincoln in kinkiness I’d probably give it a five out of 10 too – I’ve never heard any really crazy sex stories from any of my friends. It’s all just pretty standard.”