Lincoln carnage: the least rowdy night out in the UK

The most popular student night out comes to Lincoln and it really isn’t as messy as it seems.

Carnage. Apparently the UK’s biggest student night out since 2004. Twice a year it comes to Lincoln, making it acceptable for go out wearing dodgy outfits whilst downing your body weight in alcohol. But to be honest, I’ve seen crazier children’s parties.

Every year in the papers you see those notorious photos from carnage nights out where girls are sat in the gutter with their skirts wrapped round their heads, whilst the lads are spewing up each other’s backs. What’s not to love!?

Rowdy selfie

Yet it’s fair to say that, in Lincoln, it’s pretty tame. I was expecting to see people tripping over their own feet whilst blind drunk, twerking in the middle of the dance floor or swinging off the railings in Home.

The theme this time round was circus/festival dress up. Which basically meant I was stood staring at a sea of multi-coloured clown wigs whilst eagerly queuing to get as much alcohol as possible in true carnage style. With it being mostly freshers that were out, I thought their crazy antics would cause some trouble, but no.

The only thing crazy about it was the queue for Lola Lo’s

Lined up outside the bars and clubs were multiple pissed off looking police men, who were probably expecting that they would need to restrain at least half the student population of Lincoln. In reality, they had front row seats to the odd person stumbling off the pavement and onto the road. How they could contain their excitement I’ll never know.

Even Lincoln’s very own partying granddad, JJ, was out for Carnage!

So yes Carnage doesn’t live up to it’s rowdy reputation. But having said that, any night out where you go on a bar crawl, get sufficiently pissed and wake up the next day wearing the same clothes, in a bedroom that looks like a crime scene, is a good enough night out for me.