Fashion Event:Style on the streets

‘Style on the Streets’ event comes to Lincoln.

A brand new one of its kind event ‘Style on the streets’ recently came to Lincoln’s Waterside centre. Four fashion shows were put on during the day showcasing various trends from all the shops in the centre. Internacionale, Topshop, New look, Office and new shop, Ruffles, all featured in the shows.

The designer for the day was Jill Chandler who has previously worked with Liv Tyler and Rio Ferdinand. “This season is all about having attitude and spirit” she said.

Party wear

There is no denying that everyone loves a good night out. Key trends that are seen in this season are faux fur, velvet and leather look shirts. The ensemble from Topshop is perfect for a night out in Lincoln!

Clothes from: New Look, Topshop and Internacionale
Shoes from: office and Internacionale

Shopping on a budget

Probably the most important show for all the students in the audience, this show had looks that were all on trend for the upcoming season without coming with a high price tag. Key trends that are seen in this show were biker jackets, statement jewellery and midi dresses; which are still very popular. The look from Internacionale surprised us all as the outfit was so cheap! The combination from Internacionale is great for drinks in the evening or if dressed with a pair of flat boots for lectures during the day.

Outfit 1: dress £12.99, shoes £27.99, bag £22.99 and jacket £39                                                                                                                                               Outfit 2: dress £30 scarf £18 jacket £55                                                                                                                                                                                                   Outfit 3: dress £22.99 and jacket £49

Clothes from: Internacionale, Topshop and ruffles
Shoes from: Office and Internacionale

Key colours

The third show of the event showcased outfits most suitable for during the day. The keys colours on trend this season are tartan; red and black, bright florals and autumnal shades of brown and green. This tartan dress from Internacionale is definitely a piece that every girl must have in their wardrobes especially at only £16.99. The new look outfit is perfect for walking about uni or having coffee with the girls.

Clothes from: New Look, Internacionale and Topshop
Shoes from: Office and Internacionale

Keys trends to look out for this autumn/winter are: something pink, biker jackets, statement necklaces, oversized sweats and tartan and she told us they would all feature in the fashion shows so keep your eyes out for these trends!