What your laptop stickers say about you

The laptop lid: your extended personality

Laptop stickers. You either love them or hate them. Most prefer to keep to keep the front clean and well presented, but for some, laptop stickers are a must have item for university. But can you really tell what a person is like from them?

Marco, Computer Science, second year

With hack stickers spattered across the laptop and a degree in Computer Science, Marco is a true tech wizard – think Harry Potter with a mouse, keyboard and love for programming. His stickers are his medals. Marco could have probably gone through Clintons emails before the FBI even had access to them or, better still, shut down every media account Trump owns. Let’s just hope he doesn’t hack my computer and go through my Facebook.

Aiden, American Studies, fourth year

“This one time on my year abroad…” is how Aiden might start a sentence, but in case you didn’t know, then his laptop will provide sufficient evidence of his time spent in America. The University of Alabama is his sanctuary where he can be found playing beer pong and laughing to his fellow fraternity brothers about the current state of America.

The three different sorority house stickers suggest that the British accent was a hit among the American girls. Sorry Aiden you’re back in Leicester now and from personal experience not many people care about the year abroad.

Natalia, Psychology, third year

The classic dreamcatcher – a Native American object which does exactly what it says on the tin. The sticker on Natalia’s laptop suggests that she might be very spiritual and passionate about the metaphysical world beyond us. Combined with her degree in Psychology, she might be able to tell me my horoscope and predict the outcome of my degree using only the stars. But more likely, she probably just sees straight through me and the only dreams caught are those of regretful nights in the O2.

Verity, American Studies, fourth year

In case you didn’t know already, I write for The Tab. Keep an eye out because out of the blue she will approach you in the SU or library with the opening line “Hi, I write for The Tab, can I ask you….” On the plus side you could end up in Leicester Campus Style, but you could also end up in an article on Leicester Fuckboys.

The Coffee Coffee LA sticker sticker suggest that she is far too hipster and alternative to ever consider buying her pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks. The edgy marble cover further backs this belief. Verity, we’re sorry the University of Leicester is not quite up to standard with Columbia University, at least we’ve got the Paternoster.

Plain

Like the majority of students you have chosen a life of conformity and kept your laptop clean and unblemished. That’s literally all I can say for that, but come find me if you want to change this with a beautiful Tab sticker.