Here’s what you need to know about UOL’s Pride Week

Expect sports, rainbows and running

Stonewall, a charity for LGBTQ inclusivity, has teamed up with Leicester to use the power and influence of the university to breed an inclusive and accepting culture.

Pride Week aims to make university an open and safe place for every student. 

Celebrations kicked off on Tuesday with a pledge signing to demonstrate the Union’s commitment to fighting LGBTQ+ phobia.

Team Leicester have been out on BUCS Wednesday wearing rainbow laces in their matches to spread awareness, and it’s already creating a buzz.

Captain of Women’s Rugby, Cate, says that the team is already being asked about the laces and what they’re promoting.

No self respecting Pride Week would be complete without a Pride March – our very own is today, meeting at 12:30pm on the O2 steps.

On Sunday, the Colour Run will happen in Vicky Park. The event is hosted every year by the University Athletics Club and this year they have teamed up with Union to end Pride Week.

The running club’s home fixtures sec and organiser of the event, Kyle Nicholls, says it’s an event to “promote and celebrate inclusivity” as well as raise money in support of LGBTQ+ equality.

The event has a capacity of 400 and all entry proceeds go towards the Stonewall charity. 

Over 100 have already pre registered, so get your housemates or society to sign up hereor register at 11am on the day at Vicky Park War Memorial.