Jamie Vardy to receive honorary degree from Leicester University

Bring your vodka and your Charlie

Following the Foxes’ phenomenal season, and Vardy’s personal success, it has been announced that Leicester University will be awarding Vardy an honorary degree during the summer graduation period.

The one thing on every football fans minds right now is: “Can Leicester City do it? Can they go all the way and win the Premier League?”. As the table currently stands, Leicester are five points clear of Tottenham, in second place. A reality that seemed beyond farfetched last season.

During the 2015-2016 season, Vardy has become one of the most talked about names in English football, especially when he smashed Van Nistelrooy’s record of consecutive goals scored scored in Premier League games, scoring in 11 consecutive games.

The Leicester City striker has gone on to score in his two appearances for England in the last 7 days, in England’s win against Germany, and there loss to the Netherlands at Wembley on Tuesday.

This comes months after Leicester City chairman received an honorary degree in January .

A spokesperson for the University commented: “Jamie Vardy’s contribution to the sport has been extraordinary. We are honoured to recognise his contributions not only to the sport but to Leicester.

“The entire city has had an air of excitement and anticipation over the last few months, and coupled with our relationship with the club, where they have been giving us regular tickets to raffle off to students, it seems only fitting to honour the success of the team.”

“We are thrilled Jamie Vardy will be accepting the honour and would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the entire team, and wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season.”

Details of when the ceremony is to take place are yet to be announced by the university, however it is likely to take place during the summer graduation period, by which point the season will be over.