BMOC of the week

It stands for Brand Manager On Campus

Our Brand Manager On Campus this week is Becci Bugg, Student Brand Ambassador for Boohoo…

Hi Becci. What exactly is a student brand manager?

“A student brand manager is someone who represents a certain brand on campus. There are various brands being represented nationwide, like Boohoo and Spotify, by a wide range of different students.”

What does this role entail?

“I represent Boohoo at Leicester Uni, giving out discount codes, telling everyone about exciting competitions, and choosing a ‘best dressed’ on campus every week to post to the Boohoo Leicester University Instagram alongside a lot of other exciting content.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBPeI7NIERt/?taken-by=boohooleicesteruni

How do you become a student brand manager?

“I applied for this role through Facebook! So keep your eyes peeled for various opportunities with seed marketing and some really exciting brands like Spotify, Boohoo, Nike and more.

“After a phone interview I got to take a trip to manchester and see Boohoo HQ as well as the Seed marketing offices, we had a tour, some training and some head shots, all in all, it was a really fun day getting to look behind the scenes at the working of Boohoo from their shoots, to their social media presence.”

Why Boohoo?

“Boohoo is a really exciting, up-and-coming company which started in Manchester and has grown to be one of the biggest fashion leaders of the moment, with a rapidly growing awards cabinet.

“Boohoo describes itself by saying they don’t take fashion or life too seriously. Whether you like to keep one step ahead of the trends, or if subtle style is more your thing, we’re sure we’ve got something you’ll love.”

What shall we be on the lookout for?

“If you’re interested in getting exclusive discount codes and vouchers for use in the Boohoo online store, feel free to message me on Facebook. As well as this, make sure to look out for me on campus as I will be choosing the best dressed student on campus every week, and posting them up to the Boohoo Instagram for Leicester University.

“On the Instagram page, there will be exciting content and style posts, so it’s definitely worth a follow. There’s also an exciting Boohoo competition going on right now, which I would encourage students to sign up to, because the prize is not only £500 of Boohoo credit for you to use, but a trip to the Big Apple!”

For information on how to enter the competition click here. If you want to hear more about future competitions, exciting opportunities, fashion posts and what Boohoo has to offer, follow Boohoo’s Leicester University Instagram account, or add Becci on Facebook.