Medic kicked off his course for posting ‘Taken’ quote on Facebook

He threatened to look for someone, find him and kill him

Ravindu Thilakawardhana, a medical student at Leicester, was kicked off his course after making a Liam Neeson-esque style threat towards another student in October 2013.

The outburst was reportedly in response to another student posting revealing pictures of his friend on Facebook. Thilakawardhana retalliated by posting a photo of the Taken star captioned with the threat “I will look for you, I will find you. And I will kill you” adding “I don’t want to see you on a night out in Leicester, or in the UK”.

Although the threat shed an element of humour, it was not taken lightly by the medical department, who initially reprimanded the student for his behaviour. But in April 2014, the med student was officially kicked off his course and deemed “unfit to practice medicine”.

Thilakawardhana was in his fourth year of study at the university when he made the career-shattering post on Facebook.

Regardless of his arguments to a judge that he was provoked into such a reaction the University’s decision was maintained.