Dan Flatt: This is your life

LUSU launches a campaign to increase the number of election candidates and voters at the upcoming elections.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

The Univesity of Leicester Students’ Union have released a video advertising the upcoming Sabbatical Officer elections. The video sees SU Chief Dan Flatt, recount his university career as if he were on the This is Your Life couch. The only difference, there’s no Parky.

The video has been published to encourage students to both ‘run for Sabb’ and vote for those who are. The experience has been so worthwhile for Dan Flatt that he’s actually got two degrees. One from University of Leicester and one from the University of Life…

Flatt is unable to run for a position this year, having already been voted in twice. It is widely expected that current Engagement Officer, Sean Kelly-Walsh, and Education Officer Michael Rubin will be running again, though it is unclear for which position.

The last elections at the Leicester, held to elect the part-time Sabbs, saw voter numbers increase dramatically. More than 1200 students voted, representing a 13% increase from the previous year.

Though the numbers increased they still only represent one-tenth of the student population.