Flattulent Sprout Eating Challenge

Use #nameit to come up with a new title for the Green Fund Project.

VIDEO BELOW

SU Chief Dan Flatt, Ian Read and Andy Wright battled it out on Tuesday in a brussel sprout eating contest to raise awareness of the Students’ Union’s Green Fund Project.

They aimed to encourage students to come up with a snappier title than ‘Sustainable Food Production on Campus’.

Flatt, Wright and Read

The trio had just one minute to eat as many sprouts as possible in a vague attempt as smashing the world record of 31, set in 2008 by Linus Urbanec.

Flatt the only one not to make it to double figures, citing his hangover from the SU staff party as the reason for his poor performance performance.

“I bloody love the Wombles”

Andy Wright and Ian Read managed to eat a respectable 11 and 12 sprouts respectively.

Whilst having a bit of fun, the three were also raising awareness for the Students’ Union Green Fund Project, a response to the fact that less than 20% of Leicester students have grown their own food.

The scheme has already identified a plot of land on campus that will support a student-led grow your own scheme.

The project needs a new name and students are welcome to tweet their suggestions using #nameit. The winner will receive a food hamper worth £25.

Click below for the video: