Staff to strike again

There’s a strike tomorrow and there are loads of things for you to do instead of learn…

Staff at the University of Leicester will go on strike tomorrow after an agreement over pay has failed to end in agreement.

Many students have had their lectures and seminars cancelled as staff represented by the University College Union, Unison and Unite will strike for the second time in a month as the pay dispute rages on.

Students will have been pleased to see this email drop into their inbox at the end of last week, declaring that they will have a day off.

The prospect of such a momentous occasion got us at The Tab thinking…what could you do with your free day?

Some of our brighter ideas included:

• Getting bladdered at Republic tonight. After all, you’ve got no lectures to attend tomorrow so why not have the biggest night of the year so far!

• Making a head start on Christmas shopping. Remember, there are only 22 shopping days left so head out now to avoid disappointment!

• Join your lecturers on the picket line with something interesting, a pet for example.

• Be enterprising and set up a cake stand, or equivalent, to feed the hungry strikers.

• And  for all you workaholics, we’re sure that the prospect of having a free day to catch up on work has got you all positively trembling with excitement.