In the dawghouse: Westwood loses uni gig after sexism row

Concert postponed in the wake of Tab exposé

| UPDATED exclusive sexist westwood

Under fire DJ Tim Westwood has been dropped from a student union gig after The Tab caught him unleashing a torrent of sexist gags.

The 56-year old was due to play in Exeter Uni’s great hall, but organisers have postponed the gig while they decide whether to ditch the star for his lewd comments.

Under fire: Tim Westwood may lose his slot in Exeter

Witnesses at a Leicester freshers event told how Westwood yelled “girls keep your pussies tight and clean” to freshers young enough to be his grandchildren.

And the former Pimp My Ride presenter – whose father was a Bishop –  told one girl: “Girl in the front row with the black dress on, I will be fucking you later.”

Dr Suaad Genem-George, on behalf of the Exeter Respect Chair, told Exepose newspaper: “Exeter Respect have a zero tolerance policy on all forms of prejudice – both implicit and explicit – and we explicitly condemn any form of sexism”.

Some students have responded well to the news. Exeter second year Hollie Dennison said: “I’m glad it’s been cancelled. He’s old enough to know better than to intimidate young women”.