Zane Lowe stuns Freshers in Fortnight Finale

DJ delivers wonder show to bring Freshers Fortnight to a close.

World renown DJ and new music pioneer Zane Lowe played to a packed house last night as he closed out Freshers’ Fortnight.

Zane Lowe pumps up the crowd Photo: facebook.com/BrightTiePhotography

The New Zealand born DJ, famous for his Radio 1 show, played a mammoth one and a half hour set to a sell-out crowd last night as Leicester’s students wanted to forget Monday was coming.

The crowd was huge, surely bigger than any other event on the famous fortnight. The Tab overheard bouncers saying there were “about 2,900 people there.”

Packed…Leicester’s O2 Academy. Photo: facebook.com/BrightTiePhotography

Zane Lowe played to the crowd during his six-part whistle-stop tour through the genres of dance, R&B and Hip-Hop, mixing Bauer, Beyonce and Kanye with old school dance hits like Sandstorm.

As is customary Zane told the crowd that “Leicester was by far the best location” on this years High Powered Tour, it sounds almost cliché but it was difficult not to believe him.

If the rest of Leicester’s students are like us at The Tab they’ll be keeping their eyes peeled for this years mix to be uploaded to Zane Lowe’s website or SoundCloud, where you can find his last two tour mixes.

Magical…Photo: facebook.com/BrightTiePhotography?fref=ts

Zane was even kind enough to pose for photos, post-music marathon.

The general consensus seems to be overwhelmingly positive for Zane’s set and Leicester’s students will no doubt welcome the DJ back with open arms whenever he returns to the venue.