Street Cars delete Twitter account after posting drunk student pic

One of Leicester’s most respected and trusted taxi companies has deleted its Twitter account after posting an image of two drunk students. The tweet, posted in the early hours of […]

One of Leicester’s most respected and trusted taxi companies has deleted its Twitter account after posting an image of two drunk students.

The tweet, posted in the early hours of this morning shows two students, with one appearing to have passed out half naked. The original image was uncensored but the firm tweeted a second image that had been censored by Everyday Sexism.

The company attempted to pass of the picture as an attempt to highlight the effects of heavy alcohol consumption during the Fresher’s weeks at DMU, Leicester and Loughborough. All of which use either ADT Taxi’s or Street Cars.

They also attacked Everyday Sexism for censoring the image and suggested that it was intended to be a humorous post.

It seems as though one person who responded to the tweet hit the nail on the head when they said: “Don’t pretend like you were trying to educate. You were going for cheap laughs at two strangers’ expense. Shameful.”

It’s not the first ‘alternative’ marketing strategy that the company have attempted though. The following image was posted to their Facebook page in an attempt to attract people to use their service.

Having been given the hairdryer treatment, ADT/Street Cars have since deleted their Twitter account. If you search for them you get this response:

Maybe any press isn’t good press after all as many Leicester students may think twice about using Street Cars if this is the image that they want to present.