Leicester emerges from the Ice Age!

The sun is revealed to the population of Leicester!

Unless you’ve been living under a rock or revising in a cave somewhere in Clarendon Park you may have noticed the sun has reappeared after its lengthy absence! 

Last week, Leicester emerged from hibernation to blind and burn the student population who flocked outside.

Treemendous: Uni students take time to do some revi-sun

The emergence of sun has of course put students in a very difficult position. Dissertations, essays and revision are fighting a difficult battle against sunbathing and playing sport.

We spoke to one student who said “Walking through Victoria Park on the way to the library and seeing everyone enjoying the sun is soul destroying! ”

Students have descended on Victoria Park as if it was the first time they had seen the orangey-yellow ball of light in our skys…oh wait…

The park is now filled with sunbathers, footballs and ice creams! We even managed to spot some keeno’s who had erected a volleyball net on their afternoon in the sun!

Victoria Park looking ray-mazing

The sun has had such an effect on people that two the pubs loved by students, the Dry Dock and the Loaded Dog, had to stop serving food on Monday after they ran out…yeah, thats right, they actually ran out of food…

It seems as though we might have a break from the nice weather though with weather forecasts suggesting that we might experience the wet stuff again in the very near future!

In light of the coming darkness here are some words of wisdom from One Direction’s Niall Horan: