Varsity jackets and matching gym sets: Leeds’ Looks returns for 2022

This month’s best dressed

We’re back with another edition of Leeds’ Looks. Starting off 2022 with a bang – and in style – here are some of our new faves in fashion this February:

Yaz, 2nd year, German and Business

It’s never too early to begin the hot-girl-summer journey, stylishly demonstrated by Yaz here. Looking like she could hip thrust 80kg at the Headingley gym, go for a run in Hyde Park or have brunch at LS6 café, she proves that this fit is for sure an everyday essential. Sporting a matching pastel MyProtein gym set and pink converse (and of course the gilet for a bit of cover-up), she shows us that gym wear can be – and in this case IS – cuter than normal outfits.

Ted, 2nd year, French and International Relations

If this pic wasn’t taken in the Laidlaw toilets (sorry Ted), this outfit could be straight off of Pinterest. Giving us a preppy, yet casual vintage look, Ted wears a thrifted top and flannel shirt, alongside baggy straight leg jeans from ASOS; their jeans game is STRONG at the moment. Flannel shirts are not only a staple that never goes out of style, but they can be found in all forms, colours and sizes at any vintage/thrift shop in Leeds, from Blue Rinse in town to the charity shops in Headingley, and Ted shows how they can be worn to look effortlessly good. Bonus points for the cool ring collection.

Adena, 2nd year, Biotechnology with Enterprise

Adena rocks bright and bold chic street-style with the sickest red joggers from Insta brand @crtz.rtw. The classic hoodie under jacket combo from Topshop is perfect for cold and dreary February days (and gorgeous gorgeous girls dress up warm). I love the contrast of the black and red in this look. Finally, the sunnies add just the right amount of attitude to pull off this cool look, as well as being the perfect accessory to hide hangover eyes the morning after an Otley run!

Jack, 2nd year, Sport Science and Physiology

Jack provides much needed holiday vibes in this casual and sporty outfit comprised of a Zara Man t-shirt, ASOS baggy shorts and a Ralph Lauren cap. Not to mention the long socks and Air Max combo (a personal fave). I love how the trainers add a bright pop of colour to the neutral tones of the clothes and hat. This is the kind of fit we all want to be wearing right now, because who wouldn’t rather be playing gold in Abu Dhabi than stuck in rainy windy Leeds?

Phoebe, 2nd year, Zoology

Outfits have got to look good from the back too, and I think we can all agree that Phoebe wins at this. The centre-piece of this vibey outfit is of course the colourful ‘Miami’ bomber jacket, which she picked up from a vintage shop (we <3 the sustainable fashion choices and lack of fast fashion here). These varsity-style jackets are so trendy at the moment and paired with baggy, straight leg white trousers from Urban, they create the ultimate look. Phoebe finishes it off by pulling her hair up into a twist-knot with a handy claw clip, accentuating the cool logo on the jacket.

We hope you enjoyed the first Leeds’ Looks of 2022! If you want to feature in next month’s edition, drop The Tab Leeds a message on Instagram!