Here are all the best places for a first date in Leeds

A run-down of all the venues guaranteed to impress that special someone and secure a second date 😉

It’s no secret that first impressions are very important. In fact, this could apply more to dating than any other scenario, as when surveyed by TopDatingTips.Com, 71 per cent of people said that they believe in love at first sight. So, with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, and half the student population of Leeds scrambling to make plans, there’s no better time than now to start planning that perfect first date.

Whether it’s a romantic date with the future love of your life, or a last-minute Tinder hook-up, we’ve got you covered. Leeds has something for every couple this Valentine’s Day, from boujie wine bars and boozy brunches to a few games of pool and alpaca petting.

Fun Dates

Junkyard Golf

Perfect for a first date, Junkyard Golf in The Light is a great way to get to know someone, whilst also getting to play a few rounds of crazy golf. A major bonus comes in the form of their Classic Cocktails made even tastier by massive midweek offers!

Roxy’s

For a night of booze and ball games, visit the brand new Roxy’s opening up in The Light on February 11th. Offering Bowling, Shuffleboard, and the brand new edition of Ice Curling, it’s a great place for couples to engage in some healthy competition – loser buys the drinks?

Pixel Bar

Grafting a gamer? Pixel Bar could be the perfect place for you. Wash down those 2 for £9 cocktails every day till 9pm with a game on the  PS5 or Nintendo Switch. Retro gaming is also available.

Bar and Restaurant Dates

Greek Street

If you want to show off to your date and make a really good first impression, then Greek Street is the place for you. Bar Soba, Gusto, Manahatta – the list goes on. However, keep in mind that these venues tend to be a little bit pricier – so if you’re headed there for a first date, you better cross your fingers that it goes well!

Assembly Underground

Much cheaper and far cooler than Greek Street, Assembly Underground is a certified hidden gem serving craft beer & pub grub in the refurbished basement of a historic building. Offering a range of street-food style restaurants, such as Slap & Pickle, Bread & Butter BBQ, The Pizza Authority and The Falafel Guys, this is the perfect place if you’re not sure what kind of food your date might like, or if you’re wanting to showcase the edgier underside of Leeds’ extensive range of eateries.

The Botanist

A slightly fancier option, The Botanist’s dimly lit interiors are sure to get you in the mood for romance. You can grab a swanky cocktail or two, or treat yourself to a hanging kebab, a fan favourite amongst Botanist regulars.

Mowgli Street Food

Gorgeous Indian cuisine, swings for seats, fairy lights and trendy interiors. Not sold yet? Mowgli has also won a plethora of awards for both its food and its service, so you definitely won’t be left feeling disappointed!

Cute Dates

Corn Exchange

By far one of the cutest spots in Leeds, the Corn Exchange is perfect for a lunch date and a spot of shopping. With 25 indie stores to browse through and a cute café in the centre of it all, this date perfectly suits a couple looking for a quiet, chilled atmosphere.

LS6 Café

Who said brunch dates weren’t romantic? As one of the longest running independent businesses in Leeds, taking someone to LS6 on a first date is a sure fire way of letting them know that you are fully immersed in Leeds student culture.

Meanwood Valley Urban Farm

A walk is always a great way to get to know someone, and choosing Meanwood Valley Urban Farm for a first date certainly facilitates that. Just a short walk away from Woodhouse, Headingly and Hyde Park, the city farm, complete with shop and café, has a £2.50 entry fee giving you access to see their alpacas, turtles, cows, guinea pigs and rabbits. Just make sure your date won’t mind getting a bit muddy!