A comprehensive guide to Leeds Freshers’ Week events 2021

Whether you’re studying at LBU or Uni of – we’ve got you covered!

With freshers week kicking off on Monday 20th September, we decided to provide you with a roundup of ALL the best official (and unofficial) freshers events this September.

[UNI OF / LBU] indicates it is an official event provided by the University, but this does not mean students from other universities cannot attend, so you are advised to check each event individually.

Friday 17th September

UNI OF: Fruity Welcome Party @ Fruity, LUU

The first Fruity of the academic year, guaranteed to be a cracking night! Fruity boasts cheap drinks and is held on campus inside the Union. It will definitely be a first night out to remember!

With three rooms playing three different styles of music, you’ll never be stuck for some music that suits you.

Tickets are £5 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

Saturday 18th September

UNI OF: Shuffle Launch Party @ Shuffle, LUU

Shuffle is the brand NEW club night for University of Leeds students! The first ever Shuffle starts at 11:30PM on Saturday 18th September.

Expect a huge mash up party every month with viral tunes from TikTok, with three different rooms covering Pop and RnB to Disco and Indie.

We’re as excited as you are, and we will also be there!

Tickets start at £5 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

Underground Saturdays @ Space, Hirst’s Yard

One of the newest club nights in Leeds, premiering on Saturday 26th June, Underground Saturdays at Space have “entered a new era”.

Space will take you on a “musical journey of floor fillers and anthems that will have you dancing all night long,” with two rooms full of the best tunes.

Main Room: House, Techno, Disco and Dance. Room 2: Urban, Hip Hop and RnB.

Tickets start at £6 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

Sunday 19th September

UNI OF: Official Arrival Party @ LUU

With over 2000 students, six rooms of DJs, live music and a roller disco, what better place to kick off your Freshers’ week.

Tickets are not required, just swing by to Leeds University Union from 10pm.

LBU: Freshers Sunday @ Pryzm, Woodhouse Lane

The first official event of the LBSU Freshers Week Wristband is Freshers Sunday, with Basshunter as a special guest.

Three rooms will be open: Main Room playing signature singalongs, Curve playing RnB and Hip Hop, and Disco bringing you the ultimate Indie throwbacks.

Tickets start at £6 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here. This event is included with the LBSU Freshers Week Wristband which can be purchased here.

Monday 20th September

Bobby’s Fresher’s Disco Festival @ Beaver Works

Bobby’s Disco Club are putting on a night of funky disco music at Beaver Works to kick off freshers week. Prepare for dance floor classics from MJ to Daft Punk!

Early bird tickets are already sold out, but fear not as tickets are still available from £12 and can be purchased via Ticket Arena.

LBU: Quids In Mondays @ Pryzm, Woodhouse Lane

Quids In is a student favourite at Pryzm, taking place every Monday. Pretty self explanatory within the name, tickets start from £1, making their way up to £7 on the door after 11pm and can be purchased here.

This event is included with the LBSU Freshers Week Wristband which can be purchased here.

Drinks start from £1, with a double spirit and mixer costing ~£3.5o and VKs costing ~£2.

Pryzm currently has three rooms open: Main Room, Curve and Disco, with a variety of music genres covered by some awesome DJs.

Tuesday 21st September

UNI OF: Fruity Headphone Disco @ Fruity, LUU

Fruity is a favourite among students, with it being the official University of Leeds club night, taking place every Friday. Since it’s Fruity’s 20th birthday, LUU are running three official birthday celebrations during freshers week.

LUU are bringing freshers a huge headphone disco, where you’ll collect a set of wireless headphones and be able to switch between three different channels.

LBU: Space Tuesdays @ Space, Hirst’s Yard

Space is one of the smaller nightclubs in Leeds, but with cheap drinks and great DJs, it is always a good night! There will be a mix of house, dance, disco and urban music until 5am, often with special guest DJs.

Tickets start at £5 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here. This event is included with the LBSU Freshers Week Wristband which can be purchased here.

Image may contain: Man, Sleeve, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

Wednesday 22nd September

Walkabout Wednesdays “Quids” @ Walkabout, Woodhouse Lane

Walkabout Wednesdays or “Quids” is always a fantastic night! Starting at 8pm, Walkabout is turned into a club, with selected drinks knocked down to £1. Double spirt with mixer costs £2, one of the cheapest doubles in Leeds!

Student ID is required to gain entry, and tickets can be purchased on the door for £3.

LBU: Antics Wednesday @ Pryzm, Woodhouse Street

Known as Leeds’ biggest weekly social, and home to the Beckett Official Varisty Afterparty, Antics are always a popular night among ALL Leeds students.

Expect “state of the art sound, lighting and production in the craziest party atmosphere.” With six rooms, three music policies and a massive amount of people under the Pryzm roof.

Tickets start at £5 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here. NHS Discount Tickets are available for £3 + £1 booking fee (with ID required on entry) and can be purchased here. This event is included with the LBSU Freshers Week Wristband which can be purchased here.

Image may contain: Night Life, Night Club, Party, Sunglasses, Accessories, Accessory, Club, Human, Person

Mischief Freshers Party @ The Warehouse, Somers Street

Kicking off the best Freshers Wednesday in Leeds, Mischief comes to The Warehouse for a Freshers Party.

Bigger and more mischievous than before, it will definitely be a cracking night.

Tickets start at £7 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

Thursday 23rd September

Indie Thursdays @ O2 Academy, Cookridge Street

Indie Thursdays are never a poor night, with all the best Indie classics from artists like the Arctic Monkeys, Blossoms, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Circa Waves, Two Door Cinema Club and more.

Tickets are currently on sale for £5.65 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

UNI OF: Flava @ Stylus, LUU

With samples of Hip Hop, Rap and RnB, what better way to say hello to Leeds with your first Thursday night out!

DJs will cover anything from 90s RnB to the latest Rap and Hip Hop, whatever the “FLAVA.” Expect songs from Biggie, Cardi B, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and more.

Tickets start from £5 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

LBU: Skint Thursdays @ Space, Hirst’s Yard

With “the best drinks deals in town”, Skint Thursdays is popular among students. Open until 5am every Thursday with great music and drinks.

Two rooms are open in Space with party classics in the main room, and RnB, Hip Hop and Urban in Room 2.

Friday 24th September

UNI OF: Fruity Freshers Party @ Fruity, LUU

What’s better than the first official Fruity Friday during freshers week? Grab your new pals and head down to Fruity, with three different rooms and non-stop Fruity tunes.

Guaranteed to be a good night with cheap drinks, free merchandise chucked into the crowd and some great bouncers.

Image may contain: Pants, Skin, Night Life, Apparel, Clothing, Night Club, Word, Club, Human, Person

Saturday 25th September

UNI OF: Fruity 20th Birthday @ Fruity, LUU

Fruity is throwing a massive birthday bash to celebrate Leeds’ longest running student club night turning 20.

Supposedly pulling out all the stops with “huge production, confetti cannons AND our very own special birthday hats.”

With three different rooms and the best Fruity anthems, it will certainly be the best birthday ever.

LBU: Projekt Saturday @ O2 Academy, Cookridge Street

PROJEKT returns to Leeds for one of the “North’s leading Saturday nights,” currently nine years in the making.

O2 Academy present a killer combination of “unparalleled production, performers, resident DJs and special guests.”

Tickets start at £5.65 + £1 booking fee and can be purchased here.

Covid-19: You are advised to check with each venue what their Covid-19 policies are regarding the NHS Covid Pass, Vaccine Passports and Lateral Flow Results for entry.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

University of Leeds is offering students £10k and free halls to defer a year

You can now go swimming at Leeds Dock

Leeds Uni student was spat at and racially abused while at Royal Park Pub