Temple co-owner has swastika socks and posted racist images online

The coffee shop has now been vandalised

So it turns out that not only did racist incidents occur between staff-members at Temple Coffee and Doughnuts, but one of the owners also has a track record of racism.

Yesterday, Temple apologised for the treatment of one staff-member who was called a “slave” by a colleague, but since then, a slew of racist and anti-Semitic posts have surfaced from co-owner Simon Erl’s Instagram account.

The Temple Coffee and Doughnuts coffee shop has now been vandalised with graffiti reading: “Simon Erl is Nazi son.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBNWDf0hBPt/

Erl has since de-activated his instagram account, Temple Coffee and Doughnuts have deleted all social media and their website and co-owner Nadine Aislinn has also de-activated her social handles.

Meanwhile Erl’s posts are doing the rounds on social media.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBL5XrdhVty/

This has inevitably sparked mass outrage online, with many taking to Instagram and Twitter in a bid to spread the word to boycott the company.

Instagram accounts have also been formed, specifically with the aim of exposing the brand, with one account amassing over 1,000 followers in less than a day.

Nazi symbol posted by Erl on Instagram

But hold on a minute. It turns out Erl is no stranger to being confronted by allegations of racism.

In 2010, the tattooist / coffee shop owner gave an interview for Fanzig Fanzine  during which he said: “I’ll draw a swastika with as much thought and meaning as a school boy draws a cock and balls on the toilet wall.”

He added: “It’s a common, and I guess partly self inflicted, misconception that I’m into Nazism. I abhor racism and right wing politics whole heatedly.” Though defensive, it seems that anyone who does despise racism to his extent wouldn’t own Swastika socks, but okay.

Though dismissed as nothing more than interest by Erl in the interview, it has also been noticed by many that he has tattoos of inverted swastikas,  the Wolfsangel symbol and the chemical symbol of Zyklon-B, used as the gas to murder millions in World War Two.

As it stands, it seems that only Red Temple Prayer, the Temple merchandise store, is still online without any disruption. The store is even selling a ‘no time for hate’ pin.

There has still been no response from the company or owners on the current situation.

Simon Erl and Jamez Norton have been contacted for a comment.

Temple Coffee and Donuts and Red Temple Prayer have been contacted for a comment.