Image may contain: Crowd, Selfie, Girl, Laughing, Photography, Portrait, Photo, Party, Female, Accessories, Sunglasses, Accessory, Smile, Person, Face, Human

The new Channel 4 HQ is going to be in a Leeds nightclub

I predict a riot …

If you haven't heard that a new Channel 4 office is being set up in Leeds, then where have you been? It was announced last year that Channel 4 had shortlisted Greater Manchester and Birmingham as possible locations, yet Leeds triumphed (too right).

But, it has just been revealed that the new offices are to be set up in a former Leeds nightclub. Do not fret, though, Beaverworks and Wire are staying with us, as Channel 4 are going to be renovating the Majestyk (yeah, I haven't heard of it either …).

It may not be a very well known club amongst students (probably because it was burnt down after a fire in 2014), but Majestyk does have one pretty funky claim to fame. The Kaiser Chiefs took inspiration from this downtown club for their hit "I Predict A Riot".

So, expect an influx of media jobs to be coming to Leeds. It's going to be a scramble for all young creatives to get involved. Channel 4, I most definitely predict a riot with your impending arrival.