Image may contain: Cookie, Biscuit, Confectionery, Sweets, Food, Face, Person, Human

The food frenzy continues: We found the very best homemade student meals

We’ve seen some gut-wrenching grub, but students are out to redeem themselves

Students are often slated for being lazy and living off takeaways (or on a good day we may push the boat out and indulge in a ready meal). However, many of us want to erase this reputation, so we asked people to show us the creme de la creme of their university cooking, and this is what they produced…

Image may contain: Egg, Dish, Meal, Ravioli, Food, Pasta

Are you kidding me?

Yep, this is pure student scran, and it looks unreal. Forget going on a 'Gap Yah' to South East Asia, this food practically transports you there all from the comfort of your own student home.

Image may contain: Rug, Collage, Poster, Advertisement, Human, Person

We all love sushi, right? But the ridiculous prices of it so often deprives students of its tasty goodness (I mean, who is going to pay £3.50 for a bit of rice and fish when you can get a sandwich, crisps and drink in a £3 meal deal). These guys have the right idea though, make your own for half the price! Apparently, it's not even that hard!?!

Image may contain: Dish, Meal, Pizza, Food

Dominoes has nothing on this pizza

Pizza: the ultimate hangover cure but also, the ultimate money waster. Us students just cannot resist the cheesy tomatoey doughy deliciousness but who'd have thought about making it yourself? This student has, and it looks INSANE.

Image may contain: Lentil, Bean, Produce, Food, Vegetable, Plant

Spice, rice and all things nice

Ok, these dishes actually look like restaurant standard. Forget a University degree, you lot need to open up a new Italian restaurant.

Image may contain: Lunch, Meal, Plant, Food

And once again all I can say is yum

Making that pastry parcel seems like a far more impressive feat than completing a mechanics course. I honestly salute your efforts here.

Image may contain: Produce, Seasoning, Plant, Lunch, Dish, Food, Meal

You haven't lived properly if you haven't tried halloumi

I mean, who doesn't love halloumi? There is a reason why this cheese is so popular, it is simply because it is just so damn good. Just when you think it can't get any better; however, somebody rustles it up with a meal and presents it like this. Magical.

Image may contain: People, Human, Person, Sweets, Confectionery, Dessert, Cake, Burger, Food, Plant

This paella (left) and homemade churros with chocolate sauce (right) are verging on looking too good to eat.

Image may contain: Bean, Vegetable, Produce, Food, Plant

Beans beans good for the heart, the more you eat the more you …

LS6, I think you may go out of business with this cook in town.

Image may contain: Fruit, Bread, Food, Plant

I am now officially drooling

Anyone else really craving pancakes now? These look like a work of art.

Image may contain: Bread Loaf, French Loaf, Lemon, Bread, Confectionery, Sweets, Food, Citrus Fruit, Fruit, Plant

I think we know our next Bake Off winner

Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry would be proud, this is a masterpiece.

So there you have it, not all of us students are incompetent cooks (ok well most of us are), but this lot have a talent when it comes to the kitchen. I don't know about you, but I'm in awe.